Dogs can safely eat a variety of fruits in moderation, as they can be a good source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. However, it's important to note that fruits should only make up a small part of a dog's diet and should not be the primary source of their nutrition.
Here are some fruits that are safe for dogs to eat:
- Apples (without the seeds or core)
- Cantaloupe (without the seeds or rind)
- Mangoes (without the seed)
- Oranges (without the peel or seeds)
- Pineapple (without the skin and core)
- Watermelon (without the seeds or rind)
It's always a good idea to consult with your veterinarian before introducing new foods to your dog's diet, especially if they have any underlying health conditions or dietary restrictions. Additionally, it's important to remember to feed fruits in moderation and avoid any fruits that are toxic to dogs, such as grapes and raisins.